Individual Volunteer Opportunities
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Upward Bound House. We depend on caring, committed volunteers to help enrich each family’s experience at Upward Bound House. If you are passionate about contributing to our mission, this might be a great fit for you!
Biweekly, monthly and seasonal volunteer opportunities for individuals at Upward Bound House include:
- Assist at Kids’ Night – These fun programs take place for the kids at our Santa Monica program two Tuesdays each month, from 6-7pm. Volunteers assist kids during activities such as arts & crafts, yoga, games and movie nights.
- Farm with Us – Learn about how food is grown, food security, organic farming and food justice while helping out at our urban garden in Santa Monica. Find out more about the farm here.
- Lead a Life Skills Workshop – If you have professional experience in finance, computer literacy, parenting, healthy living, or other skills that would benefit the adults in our program, you might be the perfect addition to our Life Skills workshops.
- Volunteer at Home Run For Kids – Volunteers are integral to making our annual 5K/10K and Kiddie K a fun and successful community event.
If you’re interested in any of these volunteer opportunities, please complete our Volunteer Application.
Should we find a match between your availability and qualifications and our needs, a staff member will be in touch to discuss next steps. Before submitting an application, please consider the following volunteer requirements:
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years old
- Volunteers will adhere to Upward Bound House’s policies, procedures, and processes
- Before volunteering, every individual agrees to submit to a background check
Click here for Volunteer Application